CSI Grand Rapids welcomes student members to the chapter. Student Membership includes all the benefits of professional membership at a deeply reduced cost. It is available to full-time students enrolled in an undergraduate program in a design/construction industry curriculum at an educational institution.
- Regular chapter programs with continuing education credits and speakers who are experts in their fields. (Dinner included) — FREE
- Access to member information and documents on the CSI National and Chapter websites
- Access to member directory of CSI members and their companies
- Discounts on contract documents, books, and programs
- Member rates on special education events
- Significantly reduced member rates on certification exams (CDT, CCS, CCPR, CCCA) — $165.00 instead of the professional rate of $295-795.00
- Reduced member rates on social and networking events
- Networking opportunities with the top firms and professionals throughout Grand Rapids and West Michigan. Our members include architects, specifiers, engineers, construction managers, and architectural representatives!
To get connected with a student affiliate committee leader and learn more about the benefits we offer students as a chapter, please contact us.
Each year the Grand Rapids Chapter recognizes students for their exceptional design efforts and awards a cash prize. The student and their project are recognized at the Annual Jim Hojinecki (Hojo) Scholarship Golf Outing, a dinner in their honor, in the monthly newsletter, and on the Chapter’s website.
Applicants for the scholarship are tasked with creating a text narrative of their design process, and how different factors influenced their material choices in regards to the building envelope. This pushed the students to dig deeper into issues of system design and how those decisions can impact aesthetics as well as building function.
If you are interested in sponsoring an award, please contact us to discuss further.
Moll/Betts Student Excellence Award is a national award given out each year to the two students who score the highest on the CDT for the year. These awards carry large cash scholarships.