CSI Grand Rapids is a member-based organization, we always need member volunteers. Volunteering provides tremendous benefits including personal growth, professional development, building industry contacts, and developing relationships with members along the way. Based on your availability and interest we have a volunteering opportunity for you.
JOIN A COMMITTEE
CSI Grand Rapids’ strongest asset is its membership and our members’ willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise. Putting that talent into action by volunteering for a committee can be your first step to an active role in CSI Grand Rapids.
Listed below are the committees for which you can volunteer:
Programming- Chapter Meetings & Building Enclosure
Social – Holiday Party, Awards & Recognition Night, Bowling Night (Biennial)
Student Outreach & Young Professional
For more information please contact us.
BECOME A MICRO-VOLUNTEER
We understand that not all members have the time or availability to volunteer as a committee member but are willing to share their skills, knowledge, or expertise in a smaller capacity. If this sounds like you, becoming a micro-volunteer is just for you.
Listed below are the micro-volunteer opportunities for which you can volunteer:
- Rapid River Ramblings Newsletter Project Closeout Write-Up – Submit a 200 word write up on a recently completed (less then 2 years) West Michigan project.
- Rapid River Ramblings Newsletter Member Spotlight Write Up – Submit a 250 word write up with a photo of a member of your choice.
- Rapid River Ramblings Newsletter Event Recap Write Up – Submit approximately a 250-500 word summary of the last CSI Chicago event you attended. This could be a summary of the event and presentation or it could be an opinioned piece reacting to what was presented.
- Rapid River Ramblings Newsletter Hot Tip of the month Write Up – Submit a 250 word “hot tip” write up on a topic and/or product that makes your work life better, easier, or more efficient. This could be anything from an app or computer program, a website or blog you enjoy, or even a design related tip.
- Event Door Greeter – Donate your time welcoming and registering members and guests as they arrive to events. Requires attending the event and arriving 10-15 minutes before the event begins.
- Event Photographer – Donate your time taking photos at the event to be used in CSI Chicago’s member communications and social media channels.