Chapter Leadership is once again looking for Nominees to help guide our Chapter in the coming Fiscal Year.
This year, we have the annual opportunity for our next President-Elect; an opening for our Chapter Treasurer, and (2) Board Member roles. We thank Elise Love and Kevin Bush for their tenure as members of our Board.
Voting will occur soon, so keep an eye out for an announcement and for an email to vote!
President-Elect FY21 (President FY22)
FCSI, CDT, CSC, SCIP
Treasurer (FY 2020)
Gary L. Beimers is an independent consultant, focusing primarily on Construction Specifications, Library Management and Information Services. Clients include US and Canadian AE Firms, Building Product Manufacturers, Information Integrators, and Master Specification providers. Previously, Gary was a Research Manager for McGraw-Hill Construction (Sweets), Specifications Coordinator for Meijer, Inc., Construction Materials, Maintenance, and Services Buyer for Meijer, Inc., and a Teacher at Northview Public Schools.
Gary’s affiliations include membership in the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), Construction Specifications Canada (CSC), Specifications Consultants in Independent Practice (SCIP), the National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS), and the International Construction Information Society (ICIS).
Professional Activities and Achievements (past & present) include:
- Recognized as a Fellow of CSI, one of approx. 400 nationally.
- Honorary (Lifetime) Membership in CSC, one of only two from U.S. so recognized.
- Member of the CSI Technical Committee, served as Chairman for three years.
- CSI Liaison to the International Construction Information Society (ICIS).
- CSI Integrated Information Initiative Task Team
- CSI MasterFormat 1995 Revision Committee, 2004 Expansion Task Team, & Maintenance Task Team.
- CSI Construction Industry Terminology Initiative Task Team.
- Co-chaired the original OmniClass Development Initiative.
- CSI Liaison to OmniClass Business Management Group and to BuildingSMART Board of Direction.
- CSI Great Lakes Region Technical Chair; Treasurer.
- Great Lakes Region Executive Board, served as Treasurer, Vice President, President.
- SCIP, served as Vice President.
- CSI Grand Rapids Chapter, Board of Direction, serving 3 separate terms as President, currently Treasurer
- CSI Director from the Great Lakes Region, serving on National Board of Directors.
- Secretary, CSI National Board of Directors
Personal Activities (past and present) include:
- Maple Grove Condominium Board of Direction
- Church Member, having served as Deacon, Board Member, SS Teacher and Dir. of Youth Program
- Co-Chair Church Usher and Security Team, overseeing approx. 60 ushers and security.
- Member, Ada Historical Society.
- Amateur Genealogist.
- Husband, Father, and Grandfather.
Brad has been with Tremco since March 2014. Tremco is a manufacturer of roofing and waterproofing products that is equipped to assist the design and facility management community with all six (6) sides of a building. “Delivering roofing & waterproofing peace of mind” …that’s the motto that Tremco lives by.
Brad and his wife (Melissa) have been married for 3 ½ years and live in Grand Rapids, MI. They have
three fur babies and enjoy playing slow-pitch softball and traveling. For the last several years, Brad and
Melissa have also enjoyed co-coaching Freshman Girls Basketball and Varsity Softball.
Directors running for FY 2021 & 2022
GRAHAM FORBES, AIA, CDT
I have been working in the field of architecture for over 19 years in various architectural and engineering firms ranging from a staff of 3 to 150+. I received my BS in Architecture and Master of Architecture degrees from Lawrence Technological University. Coming over from the Detroit area, I have been in the Grand Rapids area for over 5 years now with my wife and three sons. I am currently working as a Senior Architect at Progressive AE in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
I started working in the construction industry during my college years, driving a delivery truck for a local lumber yard while home on summer vacation. After graduating from Northern Michigan University with a BS in Business Management, I was offered a position at Monsma Marketing as a DuPont Tyvek Specialist. This position allows me to educate architects and contractors about the full portfolio of DuPont Performance Building Solutions, including Tyvek Weatherization Systems and DuPont Insulation for walls, roofs, and foundations. I currently serve on the CSI Grand Rapids Membership Committee. Outside of work, I enjoy snowboarding and mountain biking with my dog, Dylan.
Jessica Thiebout, RA, REWC, FMPC is a Senior Project Architect in SME’s Building Materials Group, which includes the Building Enclosure and Structural Materials teams. She is a building enclosure consultant, which is essentially an architect who focuses on the parts and pieces of a building that keep the outside out and the inside in.
She has more than 17 years of building enclosure experience and works closely with architects, engineers, contractors, and building owners to provide building condition surveys, and assist with weather, thermal, and vapor control issues in new and existing building enclosures. She is an expert in evaluation, consulting and repair design services for exterior enclosures and weatherproofing.
She is a licensed architect in Michigan. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Architecture from the University of Michigan and a Master of Architecture degree from Texas A & M. Jessica is a Registered Exterior Wall Consultant and has a Fenestration Masters Professional Certificate. Jessica is a member of the Construction Specifications Institute and the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants and has previously served as a board member with the Building Enclosure Council – Houston.
If interested, please contact our nominations chair: Jeff Murphy (email@example.com)